29 Sep Austin City Limits Pro Tips, Features and Information
The Austin City Limits Music Festival returns this weekend to celebrate its 20th Anniversary with an extraordinary lineup featuring George Strait, Billie Eilish, Tyler, The Creator, Miley Cyrus, Rüfüs Du Sol, Duran Duran, Erykah Badu, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, Black Pumas, Alison Wonderland, and so much more as 100+ acts will be performing over the next two weekends.
Please make sure to read our event preview including our Spotify playlist to get you into the groove for this weekend.
There’s so much that ACL has provided a guide for everyone attending. Here are the new features, important logistics, and pro-tips for ACL Fest fans from the ACL folks themselves:
The forecast is currently showing some rain for Weekend One, and fans are encouraged to come prepared and dress appropriately for the weather. Be prepared.
We mentioned this in our event preview but to give you an update on what is expected on arrival.
A printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend ACL Festival 2021. The negative COVID-19 printed test result must be obtained within 72 hours of first entering the ACL Festival each weekend. Patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. Patrons showing proof of vaccine do not need to be tested to enter the ACL Festival. A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second shot of Pfizer/Moderna or a single shot of J&J. Please note that vaccination is not required to attend the ACL Festival.
For example, your first day to attend ACL Festival is Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Regardless of when you first attend, only one test within 72 hours of that date is needed. If you’re coming back for Weekend Two of ACL, you’ll need to get another negative test within 72 hours of first entering the ACL Festival for Weekend Two. Please note that patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. Patrons showing proof of vaccine do not need to be tested to enter the ACL Festival.
Austin City Limits Festival 2021 Entry Procedures
- Comply with the ACL Festival Fan Health Pledge
- Each day, bring a printed copy of your Negative COVID-19 test, Vaccine Card, or Vaccine Record
- Bring your Festival Wristband and a face mask
- Please also remember the updated bag policy – CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and NO liquids are allowed to be brought into ACL Festival.
ACL Festival Fan Health Pledge
They ask that you not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- If within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Also, if within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- If within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have traveled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
As required by City of Austin Order 20210811-033, masks will be required in areas of Zilker Park where it is difficult to maintain social distancing, including on festival shuttle buses, entrance lines, areas closest to the stages, and in the limited indoor areas at the festival, including our on-site merchandise store.
They will have increased hand sanitizer stations on-site, and our cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high-touch areas.
County Vaccine Collaborative will offer free Covid-19 Vaccinations (Pfizer 1st and 2nd doses) at ACL Festival each day from Noon to 4 PM. Visit the Vaccination & Medical tent near the T-Mobile stage for more information.
These policies are subject to change, in accordance with health guidelines and changing circumstances. For the most up-to-date information check the ACL Festival website https://www.aclfestival.com/ and follow ACL and our social media accounts.
- BOX OFFICE: The Festival Box Office locations & hours are below:
If you’ve already received your wristband, no need to go to the Box Office – head straight to one of the three entrances. If you need to pick your wristbands up from the Box Office, please bring a valid form of photo ID.
PRO-TIP: Weekend Two wristbands may be picked up during both Weekend One and Weekend Two Box Office hours.
FESTIVAL BOX OFFICE AT ZILKER PARK:
During Festival days, the Box Office will be located at each entrance on Barton Springs Road (Barton Springs West and Barton Springs East entrances) and will be open for will-call pick up at the hours below.
Looking to pick up your tickets before the festival? The Barton Springs WEST Box Office will be open on Thursday at the hours listed below:
BARTO SPRINGS WEST BOX OFFICE HOURS:
Thursday, September 30: 12 pm-7 pm
Friday, October 1: 11 am-9 pm
Saturday, October 2 – Sunday, October 3: 10 am-9 pm
Thursday, October 7: 12 pm-7 pm
Friday, October 8: 11 am-9 pm
Saturday, October 9 – Sunday, October 10: 10 am-9 pm
BARTON SPRINGS EAST BOX OFFICE HOURS:
Friday, October 1: 11 am-9 pm
Saturday, October 2 – Sunday, October 3: 10 am-9 pm
Friday, October 8: 11 am-9 pm
Saturday, October 9 – Sunday, October 10: 10 am-9 pm
- GETTING TO ZILKER: There are plenty of ways to get to ACL Fest! There is no public parking at Zilker Park or in the surrounding neighborhoods for ACL Festival so take advantage of one of the many ways below to get yourself to the ACL Fest. There is limited accessible parking available near the festival on a first-come, first-served basis to vehicles displaying an appropriate state-issued plate or placard. Please find details on ADA parking here.
Complimentary ACL Music Festival Shuttle
Take advantage of the Complimentary Festival Shuttles provided by ACL Fest. Board at Republic Square Park at the corner of 5th & San Antonio streets in downtown Austin and you’ll be dropped off outside the Barton Springs West Festival Entrance. When you’re finished rocking, hop back on for a return trip to the same spot. Shuttles will run from Republic Square starting at Noon on Friday and starting at 11 AM on Saturday and Sunday of each weekend. Please note that facemasks are required while riding the shuttles and ACL Health Policy documentation will be checked prior to boarding the shuttles at Republic Square.
Bicycles and Walking
We encourage all our fans to use pedal and foot power – by far the easiest way to get to the festival! Bike parking is available on Stratford Drive after crossing the Mopac Pedestrian Bridge. Additional bike and Scooter (Dockless Mobility) Parking will be located on Toomey Road at Sterzing Street and on Azie Morton Rd. MetroBike staff will host a MetroBike valet at their Barton Springs Road & Sterzing St. station, guaranteeing you a place to dock your MetroBike when you get to the festival.
Take the Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail for easy access to the festival grounds. View the interactive Trail map here.
Cap Metro offers several bus routes that operate frequently near Zilker Park. Check out the MetroRapid Route 803 or other options here.
Uber and Ride Sharing
ACL has partnereded with Uber to make your experience getting to and from the festival as easy as possible.
Getting To the Fest: When you’re ready to go to the fest, type “Austin City Limits Music Festival” or “Zilker Park” into your app as your destination. This will update your dropoff to the nearest dropoff point around the festival.
Leaving the Fest: In order to request a ride, you must first exit the festival and walk away from Zilker Park to get outside of the restricted area. You will be able to request a ride as normal in the app once you’ve crossed the River, South Lamar Blvd, or Frontage Rd.
Pick up and drop-off location is at William Barton Drive in front of the Barton Springs Pool.
ENTERING THE FESTIVAL:
Want to get into ACL Fest as quickly as possible? Leave your bag at home! If you DO NOT have a bag, please enter through the No Bag Express Lane. If you DO have a bag, please enter through Bag Lane and expect delays as bags are open for inspection. ALL bags will be searched before entry.
- All bags must be fully clear and made up of clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC, and be no larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″ ONLY. Bags will be restricted to small purses, totes, and drawstring bags only. Backpacks and bags with multiple pockets are prohibited.
- Small clutch purses and fanny packs that are 4.5″ x 5.5″ or smaller do not need to be clear but can have no more than one pocket.
- Hydration packs are allowed and do not need to be clear but must be emptied of all liquid and have no more than two pockets in addition to the one holding the water reservoir.
NO LIQUIDS WILL BE ALLOWED THROUGH SECURITY CHECKPOINTS. Empty water bottles (plastic or aluminum) or hydration packs are allowed but must be emptied of all liquid and have no more than two pockets in addition to the one holding the water reservoir.
ALLOWED AND PROHIBITED – KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Please check the list of allowed and prohibited items in advance and avoid bringing any item that is not allowed inside the festival.
HYDRATION STATIONS: ACL Fest continues to offer free freshly filtered water at Hydration Stations located throughout the festival. Fans are encouraged to bring empty water bottles (plastic or aluminum) to fill once inside the park.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: ACL Festival is dedicated to keeping patrons safe. In the event of an emergency, safety messaging will come from the stage video screens, announcements from the loud speakers, push notifications on the Official ACL Festival Mobile App, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and instructions from festival staff and security. Anyone in need of medical or security assistance throughout the weekend may approach any festival security or staff member for the appropriate support.
AROUND THE PARK
- ACL EATS: ACL Eats continues to feature fantastic local restaurants putting their spin on festival fare. Fan favorites such as the famous Mighty Cone, Torchy’s Tacos, Burro Cheese Kitchen, East Side King, and many more will be there to cure all your festival cravings.
ACL is excited to announce the addition of a few new restaurants at ACL Eats, including Come & Take It, Wing Dady, Easy Tiger, Four Brothers Venezuelan Kitchen, Home Fries, Lick Honest Ice Creams, Taco Bronco, The Original Black’s Barbecue, and Wicky’s Walkup!
- BARTON SPRINGS BEER HALL: Join Karbach and Friends in the shade of the Barton Springs Beer Hall. Catch the weekend’s best games on the big screen between sets and taste some amazing local, regional, and national craft brews every day from 12 Noon until 4 pm.
- BONUS TRACKS STAGE: Take a break in between sets at the Bonus Tracks stage, featuring live podcasts with KUTX, Bob’s Dance Shop parties, Best of Austin Drag, and more!
- BODEGAS: The ACL Bodega is a one-stop-shop where you can buy quick snacks, like fresh fruit, and festival survival necessities, like sunscreen and ponchos.
- ACL WINE LOUNGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY 14 HANDS: 14 Hands Winery has brought its untamed spirit to ACL Fest with a bold, interactive wine experience. Join us in the 14 Hands Wine Lounge to enjoy great tasting wine WHILE ENJOYING THE sounds from the stages. We invite you to share fun and memorable festival moments and #FindYourWild!
- SHOP AT ACL: Shop in comfort with the air-conditioned ACL Festival Store, located south of Barton Springs Road. Our 2021 collections include special collaborations with Howler Bros, Aviator Nation, Camp Collection, and YETI. And be sure to check out the multimedia Signed & Numbered Poster designed by Fort Lonesome and each featuring a handmade, chain-stitched patch! Festival goods will also be available at our Satellite Store at Rock Island just across from ACL Eats. As always, shop early for the best selection!
The Hi, How Are You Project is a non-profit organization inspiring new conversations around mental health issues by funding and creating thoughtful media content, projects, and events. This year at ACL Fest, we’re highlighting the amazing work they’re doing with a special collaboration t-shirt available at the festival merch store, with proceeds donated from every purchase!
ACL is also proud to share our collaboration with NOISE FOR NOW, an initiative that connects and supports people and organizations that work in the field of reproductive justice. Get one of our special “Pro Roe” tees at the ACL merch store and wear it in support of the Women’s Rally on 10/2. Learn more about where proceeds from your purchase are going at www.noisefornow.org and find other ways to support at www.plannedparenthood.org.
- AMEX QR CODES: Upgrade your festival experience by scanning one of the Amex QR Codes located throughout the festival. Once a fan has scanned and registered, the QR codes reveal surprise perks & offers like custom monogramming, extra ACL Eats items, and an ACL sling bag. Just another way ACL Fest is better with Amex.
- AMEX® SHOP SMALL® MARKET: Support local Austin businesses by visiting the Amex Shop Small Market, located next to the ACL Eats shade tents.
- T-MOBILE CLUB MAGENTA: Chill out and charge up at Club Magenta – the ultimate FREE backstage experience located behind the T-Mobile Stage. Charging stations, upgraded restrooms, a private bar, and a chance to score epic prizes thanks to T-Mobile, the Headliner in 5G.
- MILLER TIME: Come enjoy Miller Time with us at Austin City Limits Music Festival this year! Our new Miller Time Social space near the ACL Fest Frame is THE spot to connect with your friends, enjoy a Miller Lite, cool off with our fan walls, and recharge yourself and your phone.
- BUMBLE HIVE: Cool off and re-energize at the Bumble Hive at ACL Fest — a space to charge your phone, snag-free merch, and snap a new profile pic. Show your Bumble profile to enjoy the lounge with your festival crew or even connect with a new match.
- TITO’S PARTY IN THE SHACK: Swing by Tito’s Party in the Shack and let’s shake things up! Stock up on custom swag, get creative with a personalized dog tag and sign up to become an official Tito’s Taster for free WIFI while you sit back and catch a set. Ever wanted to know how Tito’s Handmade Vodka came to be? Take a trip over 20 years back to right here in Austin, Texas, and catch a glimpse of Mockingbird Distillery to see how our spirit got started.
- ROAD TO THE HONDA STAGE: Make a pit stop at the Honda Trading Post to recharge with your friends and get a free tattoo! We’re across from the #HondaStage.
- SUSTAINABILITY: ACL Festival is committed to sustainable festival practices in the field, behind the scenes, and through the preservation of the ever-beautiful Zilker Park. This commitment is integrated into every area of the park, from recycling and composting to eco-friendly service items at ACL Eats and Hydration Stations that provide patrons free, filtered water, while diverting thousands of plastic bottles from the landfill. Biodiesel is utilized in diesel engines across the festival site, and the festival producers offset the carbon dioxide emissions of festival vehicles, generators, staff, and artist travel, by purchasing certified carbon offsets.
Austin Parks Foundation (APF) will present ACL Fest’s signature greening programs for both weekends of the festival. This is the fourth year APF has managed the programs Rock & Recycle and Divert It! and this year APF will manage ACL Fest’s Hydrations Stations. Rock & Recycle encourages festival attendees to pick up a bag of recyclables from the grounds in exchange for a specially designed ACL Fest line-up tee. Divert It! enlists volunteers to encourage and educate fans by helping them compost, recycle and send less waste to landfills. And Hydration Stations encourage ACL Fest fans to bring a reusable water bottle to reduce waste
ACL FEST PRO TIPS
- STAY HYDRATED + #BYOBOTTLE: Remember to stay hydrated and #BYOBottle. Bring an EMPTY, refillable water bottle to fill at the Hydration Stations to help reduce plastic waste and show your commitment by tagging #BYOBottle in your ACL Fest photos! Take a break from the sun in our Shade Tents or enjoy the breeze from our cooling stations scattered around the park. And don’t forget to eat regularly at ACL Eats or grab a snack from an ACL Bodega.
- AVOID ARRIVING DURING PEAK HOURS: If you’re coming between 3-5 pm, expect a longer wait time before you get into the festival. Leave your bag at home and take our No Bag Express Lanes for quicker entry.
- ACL CASHLESS PRESENTED BY AMERICAN EXPRESS: ACL Fest will be 100% cashless this year. Fans can use their wristbands to make on-site purchases including food, art, lockers, beverages, and festival merchandise. After activating their wristbands at www.aclfestival.com/wristband, patrons can securely connect a credit or debit card, create a unique 4-digit pin to make safe, cashless transactions throughout the park. Fans who register with an American Express® Card will receive:
- A one-time $10 Cashless spend credit applied to the festival weekend wristband.
- A complimentary 20th Anniversary commemorative patch designed by local artist, Tom Jean Webb. Available for pick up in the American Express® Shop Small Market on site. Terms Apply.
- LOCKERS BY COMFORT COLORS: Experience Austin City Limits Music Festival in every tone at our can’t-miss Color Base — a line-up of festive lockers where you can meet with friends, stash your stuff, and unlock giveaways. Check out the hub of hues to capture those festival goods at the grounds’ most playful backdrop. #ComfortColors.
- OFFICIAL MOBILE APP PRESENTED BY MILLER LITE: From creating your own Custom Schedule to mapping out Zilker Park before the fest, the Official ACL Festival Mobile App gives you everything you need to know right in the palm of your hand. Also, remember to Opt-In for Push Notifications to stay in the loop on schedule changes, important updates, and emergency information all weekend long! Get the app for iOS here and Android here.
- ACL IS SMOKE-FREE: Just a reminder: Zilker Park, along with all of Austin’s parks, is a non-smoking venue. All patrons will be directed to smoke outside the festival gates in the street in observance of the smoking ordinance. Patrons will be allowed to exit and re-enter the festival grounds three times during the event, but they need to scan out upon exiting.