22 Sep Austin City Limits Music Festival Is Coming!
Austin’s known as the live music capital of the world. Austin City Limits Music Festival is the annual music festival held in Zilker Park in Austin, TX. On two consecutive three-day weekends this year Weekend One is October 1-3, 2021, and Weekend Two is October 8-10, 2021. The festival is produced by Austin-based company C3 Presents. Founded in 2002, the festival began as a one-weekend event and remained as such through the 2012 date. On August 16, 2012, Austin City Council members voted unanimously to allow the Austin City Limits Music Festival to expand to two consecutive weekends beginning in 2013.
Today Austin City Limits has eight stages where musical groups from all genres perform for fans. The concerts continue from 11 AM to 10 PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the festival with various stages spread out in the park. Approximately 450,000 people attend the festival each year. In addition to the music performances, there are food and drinks, an art market, a kid’s area for families, and other activities for attendees. The festival also has various water fill stations, as well as plenty of bathrooms to support the large crowd.
From George Strait to Miley Cyrus it’s exciting to see these two household names performing at this festival. From Rüfüs Du Sol to Duran Duran this year’s lineup is one you won’t want to miss! Not to mention the number of electronic dance music artists who will be there. Personally, I am most excited to see Lane 8, Alison Wonderland, Madeon, and Chris Lake.
As of September 21, 2021: Following a review and approval by Austin Public Health, ACL Festival will implement the protocols for this year’s Austin City Limits Music Festival that were previously announced, with the addition of a mask requirement in certain areas.
A printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend ACL Festival 2021. The negative COVID-19 printed test result must be obtained within 72 hours of entering the ACL Festival. Patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. Patrons showing proof of vaccine do not need to be tested to enter the ACL Festival. A person is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second shot of Pfizer/Moderna or a single shot of J&J. Please note that vaccination is not required to attend the
Austin City Limits Festival 2021 Entry Procedures
- Comply with the ACL Festival Fan Health Pledge
- Each day, bring a printed copy of your Negative COVID-19 test, Vaccine Card, or Vaccine Record
- Bring your Festival Wristband
- Please also remember our updated bag policy – CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and NO liquids are allowed to be brought into ACL Festival.
ACL Festival Fan Health Pledge
We ask that you not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have traveled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
As by City of Austin Order 20210811-033, masks will be required in areas of Zilker Park where it is difficult to maintain social distancing, including on festival shuttle buses, entrance lines, areas closest to the stages, and in the limited indoor areas at the festival, including our on-site merchandise store. Free masks will be available at each entry gate.
Click Here for the homepage to look at all the fun details for the next two weekends. Make sure to check out our Spotify playlist below.